For the production of sugar, the sugar beets are processed completely. The sugar is extracted, and the remaining chips are pelletised and return to the farms as animal feed.
Sugar dust is highly explosive and requires good extraction systems and explosion protection.
The drying, pelletising, cooling and conveying processes hold a high risk of fire. Machines and material transport are to be monitored.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Extraction systems
When comminuting and milling the mostly combustible materials, individual sparks or glowing particles are sufficient for an ignition. Defective machine parts, foreign bodies or high process temperatures can cause overheating, sparks or glowing embers that can cause fire and dust explosions in the mechanical and pneumatic conveying facilities and downstream filters, silos and bins.
A fire or an explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair / Replacement costs due to damaged machines
- Loss of customers
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate automatic diversion of sparks out of the conveying system or water or gas
- extinguishment – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- recording of events down to the millisecond to help identify the cause of a problem