Paper and cardboard have always been essential as information carrier and packing material. Being produced from wood and pulp, the products can be used for various applications and easily recycled.
Above all, the processing of the paper after removal from the paper machine holds various risks of fire. Sparks and glowing embers, generated by machine processing, can easily ignite the dry and inflammable paper and cause serious fire and explosions.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Reel cutter
- Extraction system
- Baling press
When combustible material is existent in dustlike condition, a minor cause is often sufficient for an ignition. When mechanically processing raw paper (trimming, cutting, punching etc.), sparks or glowing embers can be caused that can reach cyclones, filters or baling presses through mechanical or pneumatic conveying facilities and cause fire or dust explosions there.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and extraction systems
- Production interruptions
- Repair / Replacement costs due to damaged machines
- Loss of customers
- Loss of income
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate extinguishment of sparks and glowing particles
- recording of events down to the millisecond to help identify the cause of a problem