Thanks to their three-layer construction out of oriented long chips, OSB panels (oriented strand board) stand out due to their good mechanical properties. Especially in wooden constructions, OSB panels are nowadays essential as supporting and reinforcing structural elements. However, the production processes, such as the production of the strands as well as the drying and pressing of the combustible materials to OSB panels, hold various risks of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles, generated in different plant areas, can easily cause serious fire and explosions.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Dryer cyclone
- Dosing bin
- Forming station
- Cut-off saw
- Extraction system
The main dangerous spots are in the area of chippers, dryers, saws and sanders where the material is processed. Defective machine parts and overheating caused by material densifications can generate ignition sources. Sparks or glowing particles can be created and reach, via extraction and conveying facilities, filters, silos, bins or sanders where they can meet explosive wood dust concentrations, which can quickly lead to dust explosions and consequential fire.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair costs owing to damaged machines
- Replacement costs owing to destroyed machines
- Loss of customers
- Increase in insurance premiums
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate extinguishment of sparks and glowing particles – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- a record exactly to the millisecond so as to identify the causes of problems