Due to their various capabilities in wooden and furniture constructions, MDF panels (medium density fibreboard) are a derived timber product, the demand of which is growing the most worldwide. The panels are produced in large quantities on continuous pro-duction lines, running at high speeds. However, the production processes, such as the processing of the wood into chips as well as the drying, glueing and pressing of the combustible material to panels, hold various risks of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles, generated in different plant areas, can easily cause serious fire and explosions.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment sys-tem significantly increases the safety and protection of production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them-and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Dryer cyclone
- Dosing bin
- Forming station
- Cut-off saw
- Extraction system
The main dangerous spots are in the area of dryers, saws and sanders where the material is processed. Sparks or glowing particles can be created and reach, via extraction and conveying facilities, filters, silos or bins where they can meet explosive wood dust concentrations and quickly cause fire and dust explosions.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair costs owing to damaged machines
- Replacement costs owing to destroyed machines
- Increase in insurance premiums
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate extinguishment of sparks and glowing particles – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- a record exactly to the millisecond so as to identify the causes of problems