The production of furniture often requires very complex processes. Wooden and other combustible materials are worked in different ways by numerous fast-running machines. Therefore, furniture production holds a high risk of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles, generated in different plant areas, can easily cause serious fire and explosions. A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
Any cutting treatment generates potentially combustible and explosive chips and dust that are concentrated by the extraction systems. Foreign bodies and defective machine parts can be the cause of ignition sources. Sparks or glowing particles can be created and reach, via extraction and conveying facilities, filters, silos or bins where they can meet explosive wood dust concentrations and quickly cause fire and dust explosions.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair costs owing to damaged machines
- Replacement costs owing to destroyed machines
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate extinguishment of sparks and glowing particles – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- a record exactly to the millisecond so as to identify and eliminate problems in the process