In flour productions, cerealgrains are industrially processed in large amounts. The whole process, especially the grinding process as well as the
transport to silos and storage space, holds a high risk of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles generated in the plant areas can ignite dry, inflammable and explosive material. This could cause severe damage or lead to undesired changes in taste and thus to impairment of quality by contamination.
A GreCon spark detection system, including additional measures, significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and prevents their transport to downstream processes – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
When producing flour, highly inflammable dust is generated that puts the entire production plant at a high risk of fire and explosion. Overheating, caused by frictional heat (e.g. in mills), as well as sparks or glowing embers can ignite the dust and cause severe damage to downstream production processes and storage space.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair costs owing to damaged machines
- Replacement costs owing to destroyed machines
- Increase in insurance premiums
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate extinguishment of sparks and glowing particles
- recording of events down to the millisecond to help identify the cause of a problem
- Conveying facilities
- Extraction systems