The coffee industry processes raw coffee in large amounts. The processing process, especially the separation of the individual components, such as the coffee skin, holds a high risk of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles generated in the plant areas can ignite the dry and easily inflammable material and cause severe fire and explosions.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Extraction system
Due to the fine grinding of the mostly combustible materials, single sparks or overheated particles are sufficient for an ignition. Defective machine parts, foreign bodies or high process temperatures can cause overheating, sparks or glowing embers that can cause fire and dust explosions in the mechanical and pneumatic conveying facilities and downstream filters and silos.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair/Replacement costs due to damaged machines
- Loss of customers
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate automatic diversion of sparks out of the conveying system or water or gas extinguishment – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- a record exactly to the millisecond so as to identify the causes of problems