The pet food produced by the animal feed industry is mainly offered in the form of easy-to-handle pellets. However, the production processes, such as the drying and grinding of the mostly combustible materials as well as the pressing to pellets, hold various risks of fire. Sparks, glowing embers or particles, generated in different plant areas, can easily cause serious fire and explosions. A GreCon spark detection and extinguishing system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them – and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Extraction system
Many production areas, from drying via the mill to the pellet press, can be the cause of ignition sources. Due to the fast-running machines, the high press-pressure and the high temperatures, sparks or glowing particles can be created and reach, via extraction and conveying facilities, filters, silos or bins where they can meet explosive wood dust concentrations and dry pellets and quickly cause fire and dust explosions.
A fire or explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair costs owing to damaged machines
- Replacement costs owing to destroyed machines
- Loss of customers
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate automatic diversion of ignition sources out of the conveying system or water or gas extinguishment – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- a record exactly to the millisecond so as to identify the causes of problems