Mills are part of many production lines. They disintegrate or grind coarse materials to fine-grained or even powdery intermediate or end products. Due to the mechanical production processes, there is a permanent risk that sparks or overheating is generated that can cause fire or dust explosions.
Mills hold various risks of fire. When the fast-running machine is defective, it can generate sparks or overheating which, due to the dusty environment, can quickly lead to an explosion or a fire in the mill or adjacent plant areas. Even the fans of the extraction system can generate sparks, which is why they also represent a high risk of fire and explosion. The highest risk involved, however, undesired foreign bodies within the product, such as metal pieces or stones, which will almost certainly generate ignition sources.
- Bearing damage
- Material overload can cause overheating
- Damage of grinding wheels
- Foreign objects in the products: e.g. stones, nails
High sensitive GreCon Spark Detection and Extinguishment system with extra features, such as:
- 2 alarm levels (CC5000)
- 4 alarm levels (CC7000)
- Different nozzle types to inject the appropriate amount of extinguishing water
- Potential-free contacts to trigger desired reactions
Monitor the temperature of the bearings with our TM 3/9 plus and create an alarm at a critical stage. With the help of the graphical long-term monitoring, hot run can be detected by temperature trends at an early stage. Preventive change of components to avoid a fire in a mill due to overheated bearings (predictive maintenance).
- Protection of downstream areas
- Protection of the mill
- Avoidance of a production standstill
- Early fire detection to avoid further damage